Why is SEPTA doing this?


Misinformation Campaign

 
 

The EPA supports using CHPs because they have a dual purpose. They burn methane, make electricity, and capture up to 80% of the “waste heat,” which can be used to heat (or cool) buildings. But SEPTA’s CHP will capture and use about 5% of the waste heat for the bus depot. The rest of the waste heat (95%) will go up the chimney.


Official Documents: Taken off the AMS Website- Sorry! We will post soon!

 
 

Politicians Involved 


"Natural" Gas


Health Impacts


Environmental Impacts 

 
 

Activism


Inspiring Alternatives